To publish updates, events and sales/promotions, go to My Account. Edit your information, post new Job/Volunteer opportunities, RFPs and Investment Opportunities below on this page.
Okanagan Woman Magazine
|Address||2516 Patterson Ave
PO Box 100
|magazine, publication, women, media, print, newspaper|
|Key Contact||TJ Wallis|
Regional Fashion / Women's Magazine
The name says it all. Okanagan Woman magazine is exactly what the name implies – a publication focussing on the interests and issues facing women in our region. The editorial boasts 100 percent local content. Expect fashion and beauty, home and garden, health, fitness and family, all with an Okanagan flare!
Okanagan Woman is a full size, full colour, glossy magazine distributed in the Central and North Okanagan – West Kelowna to Armstrong. The initial print run will be 25,000.
“We thought it appropriate to launch our first issue in December 2011, to coincide with the beginning of the busy holiday season and we wanted to give retail advertisers an opportunity to reach a large number of Okanagan women - most of whom control the family purse strings,” says publisher, TJ Wallis, an experienced media and business professional with 20 plus years as a freelance writer and nine years as managing editor and co-founder of North of 50° Magazine.
“With this new product, we have more flexibility” says Wallis, “We can offer our supporters advertorial space, something we aren’t able to do with North of 50°, which adheres to the editorial guidelines of the BC Magazine Association. Okanagan Woman and North of 50° are completely different products with different target markets, though obviously there is a crossover. Advertisers now have more options with our publishing company.”
Okanagan Woman is part of the 0727724 BC Ltd. Group of Companies, a leading publishing and business services company serving the Thompson Okanagan for the past nine years. 0727724 BC Ltd. also publishes North of 50 Magazine.
For further information:
Or TJ, 250.540.8910
Mar 12, 2012
1. The lovely woman on the cover is the only Okanagan contestant in the Miss Universe Canada pageant this coming May.
2. We've got a fantastic story about Older Women / Younger Men and we talk with couples from right here at home!
3. SheFiles: featuring Mae Hooper and her three daughters; all are high level athletes
4. Check out our fabulous spring fashion spread, featuring local boutiques, models and photographers!
4. Shannon Linden reports back from the Ladies on Literature Book Club
5. If you or someone you know is considering a breast reduction surgery, read a true account in this issue.
6. A heartfelt story from a Mom who recently lost her daughter in a tragic car accident
7. Recipes - Easterordinary dessert recipes!
And more ...
Graphic Designer / Web maintenance
The ideal candidate will have a creative flair, be able to work well under pressure, have worked in a busy newspaper or publications environment. InDesign and Photoshop a must. This could be a full-time position for a person able to bring sales or editorial skills to the table. Please visit our websites to get an idea of the publications: http://www.okanaganwoman.com or http://www.northof50.com
Advertising Sales Account Manager
Account manager in the Central and North Okanagan to sell advertising spots in exciting new niche magazine. Cold calling. Mine your own leads. Flexible hours. Car required. Car allowance provided. Excellent earning potential.
There are no Request for Proposals available at the moment.
There are no Investment Opportunities available at the moment.